Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 362

After a fairly long hiatus, I'm back on the blogging. I missed the chance to do the official "365 Days and Counting" blog post to commemorate the wedding being one year away, but official post or not, it's all happening. I've enjoyed pretending that just thinking about cute wedding and party ideas is enough, but unfortunately, not a lot of things actually happen unless you take actual physical action, so let's take a look at what I've accomplished in the mini-break:

  • I spent July 28th - September 1st logging into Livestrong.com, where I walked almost every day and logged in everything I ate (or at least my best guess at everything I ate) and ended up losing 15 pounds. Sometime during I pulled some muscle in my leg and got a nasty knee injury, which led to not walking, then we lost the internet for about 3 weeks. By the time we got it back, 10 of the 15 pounds were back on and my enthusiasm for calorie counting has significantly waned.
  • I went on a few job interviews and sent a bunch of resumes out. I regret to state that my employment status did not change. (This relates to the planning, because we're pretty much broke).
  • I went to Renegade Craft Fair and got a crapload of business cards. If my attempt to letterpress or screenprint fails, I have a lot of lovely crafters in mind for the invites.
  • I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's while looking at giant magazine of wedding dresses I can't fit in.
  • I had one wicked fight with the fiance (which was pretty surprising, we're usually pretty chill).
  • I watched all of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons in order. (I would use "watched" loosely, since it was sort of my in the background thing, but still).
  • I did a bunch of freelance work.
  • I threw a few mini tantrums when we finally fixed the internet and then the computer crashed altogether (still in the process of dealing with this. Not having Microsoft Word or Excel is a real challenge).
  • Spent a lot of time at the Bucktown library using the computer.
I think that sums in up. You'll notice there's not a lot of wedding planning proactivity listed there and that's because I was really sort of hoping that the power of imagination might somehow will income into my bank account so we can get this stuff going. A quick log into my account at theknot.com listed a bunch of little past-due notices warning me that time is already passing by. The biggest warning being about locking in our booking for the ceremony/reception spot (our pick wouldn't let us sign in until now).

Let the fun, and starvation dieting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment